Horizon Property Alliance’s eight step process ensures your property investment journey is always your choice, on your terms at your pace.
STEP 1: Getting to know each other
We approach every new investment journey as a partnership, so from our first meeting we take time to get to know you and your financial goals for the future.
This is also your opportunity to interview us. We understand that buying property is a major financial investment, a decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly. Our goal is to arm you with the necessary knowledge required so you feel completely comfortable aligning yourself with Horizon Property Alliance to source the best investment property for your situation.
We provide a thorough overview of our business and processes, and encourage you to ask as many questions as needed.
There is no obligation, so after our first meeting if the fit doesn’t feel right, you can simply walk away.
STEP 2: Our duty of care
We make it our business to ensure you are fully informed before proceeding any further. This comprises full disclosure regarding your finance options, builders, developers, the risks involved and what you should be aware of during the buying process.
Our personalised service means that we work closely with your Accountant, Finance Broker and Financial Planner to ensure everyone’s on the same page and working together in your best interests, to achieve the best outcomes for you.
As part of our duty of care process, we will provide recommendations such as:
- Ensuring your assets are totally protected at all times.
- How to invest in high yielding, long term and low risk investments.
- Which investments will stand alone and withstand any market; boom or bust.
We are in the business of helping you to increase your wealth and we specialise doing so through sourcing property that will generate a passive income for you.
STEP 3: Investment Property Selection Process
This is the most interesting and exciting stage of the process.
A successful property investment strategy is primarily based on what you buy, where you buy and why you buy it. In addition, it is determined by the state of the market, or market cycle, and if purchasing in a new development, what stage the development is at.
This is where Horizon Property Alliance shines. We are experts at finding the right property, in the right place at the right time. Our responsibility is to pass on our knowledge and experience. We will share insights and our proven investment skills with you.
At this point we conduct intense research and carry out the necessary due diligence, including:
- Who to buy from in terms of builders and developers.
- Strict quality control programme.
- We employ independent building inspectors to ensure the property is completed to the highest of standards prior to settlement.
Please note that even at this stage you can walk away if you are not 100% happy.
STEP 4: Contract signing
Once you have selected the right property as your investment, we will guide you through the contract signing process to ensure all legal requirements are adhered to.
Before signing a contract you should ensure you understand all terms, conditions and fine print. Make sure anything agreed to verbally is in writing so you know exactly what you are committing yourself to.
Our service includes as assessment to validate the property valuation based on the median price in the area you’re purchasing.
At this step you will need to have appointed a legal representative and a lender.
STEP 5. Settlement / Construction
When purchasing land to build your investment property, there are different payment structures applicable, depending if you have purchased through your Super Fund or via a construction loan.
If you buy land that is not registered or are buying ‘off the plan’, here’s what the vendor/developer is doing before the sale:
- Surveyor submits a Plan of Subdivisions to council for certification.
- Council will request that all authorities such as power, water and sewerage and Telstra agree to release the stage to the Land Titles office. This means they are happy with the works carried out by the developer.
- From there council will issue a Statement of Compliance and the Certified Plan of Subdivision to the surveyor.
- The surveyor then lodges these two documents with the state Land Titles Office.
- After the registration of title, the surveyor will notify the developer’s legal representative that the land has been registered and will advise your conveyancer or lawyer of the settlement date.
- Your legal representative will advise you of that date, usually between 14 and 21 days from registration, unless a different time frame is agreed in your Contract of Sale.
Once council approval has been achieved, that is building plans comply with the relevant building laws, your builder will be ready to commence construction.
The building process generally involves two phases:
1. Pre-construction phase that includes drawing of the plans, finalising contracts, securing finance and obtaining a building license and planning approvals. This phase takes approximately 26 weeks, depending on the size of your home and the volume of other work the builder has going on at that time
2. Construction phase, which is the actual building of the home, takes approximately 28 weeks from the time the concrete slab has been poured.
Horizon Property Alliance will be there with you through each stage of construction phase.
STEP 6: Property Manager Selection
With 25 years’ experience in property investment, Horizon Property Alliance has been involved in a vast number of property manager selection processes. We’ll guide you on matters such as:
- Selection / interview process.
- Negotiating the best deal.
- Attracting high quality tenants.
- Guidance in all facets of renting your investment.
STEP 7: Property Settlement
This is the day you take ownership of your investment property. We guide you through this process to ensure everything is in order before the big day.
You don’t need to attend settlement in person, your conveyancer will meet with your lender and the vendor’s representative to finalise the transfer of the property.
At this meeting your representatives will:
- Provide the balance of funds to purchase the property.
- Register a mortgage against the title which stays in place until you pay it off.
- Discuss adjustments to rates and other payments involved in transferring ownership.
- Ensure that any existing mortgage is paid off (if relevant).
- Have any caveats on the title removed (refers to a third party having an interest or right in the property).
- Check that all clauses in the contract are fulfilled.
- Transfer of land and mortgage is registered with the title office.
- Collect keys to the property.
- Contact you to advise settlement has been successful.
STEP 8: After sales service
Our after sales service includes:
- Regular contact to ensure your investment is running smoothly.
- Meet with you and your team of advisors to ensure cash flow and projections are on track.
- Checking in to ensure your property management team are providing an appropriate level of service to you and managing your tenants correctly.
Your partnership with Horizon Property Alliance continues well after your investment purchase, we are here whenever you need us.